Monday, October 9, 2017

Today is the day...

I become a teacher blogger!

I have been reading and following blogs for so long, but I've never seen a reason to write my own, until now.

Recently, I've been truly challenged in my classroom. I am teaching third grade EL students, which is essentially like teaching third grade standards to students who read at a kindergarten level. NOT EASY.

On top of that, I've been assigned to teach Pre-K level readers during our reading intervention program, something I have VERY LITTLE (like zero) experience with.

All of this has led me to a new world of teaching. I often don't have the experience or resources required to meet the needs of my students.

I've decided to start this blog to share my journey, specifically the challenges (and hopefully triumphs!) that I encounter along the way. Perhaps I'll find some readers that can offer me some advice or point me in the right direction. And maybe, just maybe, someday, this blog will help guide another teacher who finds themselves in the same situation.

Thanks for joining me.

K